DNSSEC won't disable

Hello All,

Fist time poster and a fairly new Cloudflare user. I have to say I do like the service. I have recently moved my DNS hosting to Cloudflare and am considering moving my domain hosting to Cloudflare once my current registration with Google Domains ends.

This morning, I was playing around (I know - don’t fix what doesn’t need fixing) and I enabled DNSSEC on my domain. It was straight forward, entering the required DS record data provided by Cloudflare into my Registrar’s fields.

Unfortunately, enabling this resulted in my website becoming unavailable. I am not sure why. I don’t know if it has something to do with my certificate being an letsencrypt wildcard certificate but I figured I would just revert back and disable DNSSEC.

Thats where I hit the problem. It won’t disable. I have removed the DS record from my Registrar. I expected that it would take some time but Cloudflare has been stuck on:

“Your DNSSEC setup will be disabled as soon as we detect that the DS record has been removed from your registrar.”

It has been well over an hour now and I don’t know if this is something that is expected? I probably shouldn’t have been playing around and I know it is my fault but I would appreciate anyones insight into timings for the DNSSEC removal.

Thanks.

DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate. If you post the domain name, we could check into it further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.