DNSSEC suddenly canceled and re-enabled?

I noticed that a domain I own (kemeny.email), with Cloudflare acting both as registrar and DNS fails to resolve if DNSSEC validation is active (checked with unbound, but other online tools show the same behaviour).

According to the dashboard the DNSSEC status is suddently “DNSSEC is pending while we wait for the DS to be added to your registrar. This usually takes ten minutes, but can take up to an hour.” giving me the option to “Cancel Setup”.

Problem is DNSSEC had been active for quite a while already, so I don’t know who or what caused it to be re-enabled. I’ve opened a ticket (2003235), but I realize that it may take a long time to response (support is busy, and I’m on the free plan).

Does anybody know what may have happened?
Would it make sense for me to “Cancel Setup” and enable it again?

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have!

You can try that, but if something got stuck that might not necessarily fix it.

Try it, but if it does not work I am afraid you’d really have to wait for support to fix this manually. The community can’t do anything here.

@cloonan

2 Likes

Some feedback: I triggered the cancellation of DNSSEC when I read your message. Now (a couple of hours later) it’s still cancelling, but now DNSSEC works again.

I now canceled the deletion and the status changed to “Success! kemeny.email is protected with DNSSEC.” which seems to align with the reality.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed and check that everything is (still) OK tomorrow :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot.

Yep, DNSSEC seems to be working now.

Had the same issue today.

Had pressed canceled set up and re-enabled DNSSEC in less than a minute. problem fixed. Not sure why this occurred.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.