DNSSEC stuck at pending

Hey Everyone,

I recently migrated my domain registrar from DNS Simple to Cloudflare. The domain I’m having trouble with is endrpi.io. I believe I forgot to disable DNSSEC on DNS Simple before the transfer. From the Cloudflare docs, the recommendation is to enable DNSSEC on Cloudflare once the domain has transferred.

I enabled DNSSEC on the DNS page for endrpi.io as soon as the transfer completed and it gave the following message for a few days:

“DNSSEC is pending while we automatically add the DS record on your domain.”

After a few days I created a support ticket to look into what’s going on. Cloudflare support recommended that I cancel DNSSEC and reenable it from the Manage Domains page which I did on November 17th. It still says the same pending message. I added a few comments to the support ticket but I haven’t heard back and the domain still isn’t resolving.

Is there anything else I can do here? Any DNS settings to change? I’d really like to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks for any insight,

John

Yep, this one could be a reason why this issue is appearing.

Have you tried flusing the DNSKEY and the DS type of DNS records for your endrpi.io domain name using below tool?:

Kindly, may I ask you to post your ticket number here in your next reply?

Hi @fritex

Sure thing, here you go: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/requests/2306000

Thanks,

John

1 Like

@MoreHelp Can anyone look at this please?

Fritex already escalated it, but we’re having trouble getting someone from Support to look at it. Maybe @cloonan can get someone’s attention.

1 Like

@sdaymanI’m on day 16 of a complete website outage. Can someone just delete the DS record?

Hello, I experience the same problem; It was only resolved by canceling DNSSEC in the Cloudflare panel and asking the domain provider to remove the request to the registrar, I recommend doing the same, to make the domain work.

Update: Cloudflare tech support had to delete the old DS record for the new DNSSEC to take. It seems only Cloudflare can make this change.

Correct. The domain registrar controls the DS record at the registry. I’m sorry it took so long to resolve this, but hopefully you’re back up and running again without any further issues.

@sdayman thank you. I’m back up and running again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.