DNSSEC not disabled after 48 hours

I am removing DNSSEC to re-authenticate it. Over 48 hours ago I pressed the button to disable DNSSEC (remove the DS record). Cloudflare is my current registrar. DNSSEC has not been disabled after over 48 hours. What should I do next to get it disabled so that I can get it re-enabled new?

@MoreHelp

Can you share the domain?

Can you explain what you mean by this?

I just granted the CF Team permission to edit for 72hrs.

DNSSEC has been bogus since I transferred my domain over to CF. I transferred from Google Domains. I would like to disable DNSSEC temporarily to work out this DNSSEC issue, resolution issues, and a few other before re-enabling it.

The docs state that DNSSEC should be removed prior to transfer, but I presumed the transfer would fail as you have a DS record from a previous life in the .net nameservers. I’ll escalate this thread to see if that bogus DS record in the parent can be removed.

1 Like

Thank you! @michael
I would have thought as well. At the time, I was a little hasty and wanted to try out Cloudflare quickly, so I wasn’t sure if I had gotten it removed prior. This is a testing site for me, I use before I move more business related. …Now I see what happens when DNSSEC goes bad… somber

1 Like

Unfortunately DNSSEC was not designed with changing of provider in mind. It really needs to support moving providers without the “disable - wait - move - wait - enable” procedure you have to use at present.

2 Likes

For Internet safety and secure practices I can accept this shortcoming of the current times. I imagine that element is part of what makes it such a strong standard.

Hi @daxisaac sorry for the issues you’re facing here!

Have you opened a support ticket for this issue?

If you have not yet created a ticket, please login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you cannot login, email [email protected] from the email address on your account. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

@SarahA Thank you. I have opened a ticket. It advised that I post here first. The ticket #2199250. I will send and update to that ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.