DNSSEC Configuration error

Hi all,

I am finding myself a bit stuck, I transferred my domain from google domains to cloudflare and must have not disabled dnssec and as such no longer have the ability to do so. I have held off posting here in the hope the TTL on the old record would eventually expire but this doesn’t appear to have happened a week later. Due to the dnssec issues all web traffic and mail has stopped working since moving registrar.

I have tried enabling/disabling dnssec on cloudflares side but cloudflare only supports algo 13 instead of asgo 8 as used by google so I can’t match the existing records. The issue is best highlighted on this tool: jordannewlands.com | DNSViz.

My issue is similar to the issue described here: DNSSEC problems with the key difference being that I moved my registrar (not just nameserver) from google domains to cloudflare (as opposed to godaddy).

I would greatly appreciate any help with this, if there is anything I can do on my end to provide further info etc that would be brilliant.

You won’t be able to match existing records. You need to disable DNSSEC at your registrar…but I suppose it’s too late for that now.

You’ll have to get Support to clear up those records at the .com registry.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

1 Like

Wow! You truly are an MVP… 3 minute response time?!? I have contacted cloudflare support and am awaiting their response, thank you!

2 Likes

Go ahead and post your ticket # here. That tends to get it more attention, as it’s something the Community can’t solve.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly, I have opened ticket #2165753.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.