DNS Wrongly Resolves To 104.27.138.102

I have set the DNS for a new site ElectricCadi.com to my GoDaddy host 132.142.56.129:

A electriccadi.com 132.148.56.129 PROXIED 

just like all my other domains but when I ping electriccadi.com it resolves to 104.27.138.102 which is a CloudFlare owned IP, but obviously not what I want.

It has been about 4 hours since it was setup and which I appreciate that DNS propagation can take 48 hours, it usually takes 1 or 2.

Does anyone know what 104.27.138.102 is and why my domain might be resolving to it?

Thanks.

Please familiarise with how Cloudflare works and what it does. Also, that topic has been addressed quite a few times already, so I’d also recommend to actually use the search -> Why does a DNS lookup on my domain not return the IP address I configured?

In short, if you proxy a host (as you mentioned yourself) you will get a different IP by design.

I am familiar with CloudFlare but I only work directly with it a few times per year. Also, I did perform a forum search (items like ‘104.27.138.102’ ) prior to posting, but found nothing relavent. I also Googled it and WHOIS’d but found nothing beyond the owner of the IP being CloudFlare

Thanks for the link all the same, that does answer the question which is appreciated. :slight_smile:

All right, fair enough. I’d still recommend to check out support.cloudflare.com and #tutorials as there is a lot of information covered there and the 104 addresses, for example, are typical for Cloudflare proxies.

You might not have found something for that particular address, as there is not just that one 104.27.138.102 but quite a few of those 104s and that particular address is specific to your domain and a few others with whom you share it, but unlikely enough to show up in a search.

Sorry for the possibly cold response earlier but this forum gets on a daily basis so so so so many basic questions which have been answered so so so so many times here on the forum already that 80% of the responses are not actually solving an issue but just pointing to existing tutorials :slight_smile:

Understood and I do appreciate both the fast and accurate response. I run several forums and understand the “did you even bother to search” tone.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.