DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004) Invalid TXT record. Record may only contain printable ASCII

We are trying to move our DNS Records from AWS Route 53 to Cloudflare. However when I try to create a multiline TXT record as it is in Route 53 I get a validation error: “DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004) Invalid TXT record. Record may only contain printable ASCII”

I am trying to paste something like the following in the Content textarea:

“google-site-verification=AAA”
“google-site-verification=BBB”
“google-site-verification=CCC”
“v=spf1 include:abc.com include:_spf.google.com include:mail.abc.com include:amazon.com ~all”

I have tried removing the quotes but that was of no help. If I put them on a single line it will work however I am not sure this will be the correct way to do it.

You are probably also pasting some of the characters mentioned in the error message. Do not paste it, but rather type it manually.

I’m not pasting any characters and I am not copy pasting from Word. I have tried typing the strings but the same error is thrown. Is it because of the newlines? This is a show stopper for us.

There shouldnt be any newlines.

You are creating four individual records, are you not?

In Route 53 this TXT record has 11 lines. Are you suggesting creating 11 TXT records in Cloudflare for this record?

I dont know what Amazon is doing but these should be individual records.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.