DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004): Invalid content for an MX record (Code: 9009)

9:03:26 PM Joseph B You can create the MX record with them with this information - mail.aocsource.com pointing to this IP - removed
9:03:34 PM Joseph B Cloudflare support should understand when you give them this.

I choose MX, then for domain i tipe mail.aocsource.com and for value i tipe removed
then i get DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004): Invalid content for an MX record (Code: 9009)

How to do this?

Anyway i need to bind mail.aocsource.com to IP and i dont know how to do it, i get that error above.

An MX record can’t be in form of IP. It must be a hostname.

In the next few lines, I will guess your config so probably I’ll miss, and it’s the best to contact support and explain to them.

In short, in DNS tab create:
an A record:
name: mail
value: your IP
TTL: Automatic

an MX record:
name: aocsource.com
server: mail.yourdomain.com
priority: 10

As I meantion earlier, not sure will I match you config because I am guessing a lot, but you can try. In any case, you can contact support and see with them. :slight_smile:

Great answer @cyBerManIA - thanks! For additional information see also:

Both articles should help you get your MX records setup. If you run into any further issues feel free to respond here or log a support ticket.

DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004): Invalid content for an MX record (Code: 9009)

IM having the same problem and I’m using a proper zoho mail hostname , but the problem I’m facing is that I cant set the priority right away once I click on (click to configure) nothing is popping up , and if I decided to change it later it will be set to be 1 by default and I cant edit any of it as I’m getting the error I mentioned above , Could anyone help please ?
thank you

The value for the first field should be the name of your domain (that you’re accepting mail for (e.g. example.com) and then in the second window you specify the mail server and the priority.