DNS TXT records no longer visible, have not changed them for years

Since yesterday my emails have started bouncing from gmail receivers. Gmail checks for DKIM authentication which is done with a TXT record with “google._domainkey” key.

Cloudflare shows that this DNS record is set up for both my domains (rokas.dev, and rokasjankunas.com), however these records are not showing up when using any DNS lookup tools.

The error message from gmail is this:
550 5.7.26 This mail is unauthenticated, which poses a security risk to the sender and Gmail users, and has been blocked. The sender must authenticate with at least one of SPF or DKIM. I can see them on the cloudflare’s DNS dashboard but not elsewhere.

I have checked and these records for my domain have not changed on google’s end and are still correct. However, as I mentioned, since yesterday they are no longer visible and no longer working.

My domains have 2 TXT records, the second one has stopped working (TXT record for “google._domainkey”).

Does anyone have any ideas why that may be the case? I have tried clicking edit and save, hoping that it would force to refresh but with n luck

Appears to resolve Ok for me.

dig google._domainkey.rokasjankunas.com txt +short
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAt98yrU2ynI3ZBz9jjLXmeq+Hd7tHjOwlX5MERDJSvh85z6bo1cGiqe3wP6FHZwBdKr0NEPxbd7YPEVRZ3Jvse7PD86eKLnpJ4470DXQeh92JWRtURgxiOVFkBIAkMIMBhOqRGE6WwUmOJagArpwjPP3auufKClKPksdawtEXBHrRpveQbqXw/mPQkPRkDAPTh" "\" \"LjmMiuP0qOCluAnkJu0aWP+EenF5GMfBqSOY+AaDHEmOSkwOkw5q8A1h80Gru9G5EX5ubXfO/F4ZYDIWgxgjWwVstRyzLAZOs9RoJFsH8qd5tM4eW5jnR2OLMrxai5yqddq+XABxpr1WvsBKAxj6QIDAQAB"

dig google._domainkey.rokas.dev txt +s
hort
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA0Yh9//0JUR2XSA8bkFANY1s8dZh8TS3awlrc74X5qtN06ODcQeT3LLTqQDSn0Gl2vnzAytule3YswGHq4MH5X7bIeFOBrQbkzVC0RlSNvmLY1g+ZAV58OEw2DnylEyVVDn95BFxmXmuqvj0D12VWObO3v3HRxM46XBfZRkMNe3fwyx1BOHLLfyPmJCTEUYLb+" "\" \"IgPR3hO38wPpdkjp2Nl87HLgUx0sfnu1MHMXPknVlEAEeOACJdIHpvnO6+8dBPmKdIbQwlRCl2495S41pOfM1FboUO7T6fSrmwclpXj/iUw9wCH9v9ofm6RzcbuPpBrawBWQ8u+7pcf5sDtaUeknQIDAQAB"
2 Likes

Thank you. You are right. I was not using dig correctly. Still not sure what the problem is but likely not with cloudflare.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.