DNS Subdomain Pointing to Wrong IP

Hello,

I have a domain hosted by Google Domains and have changed the Nameserver to point to Cloudflare. I dynamically update the main domain IP using the suggested Linux utility from a server at home, and the DNS page shows the Type A domain as pointing to the correct IP (TTL is Automatic, and the status is “DNS only”).

I have then created DNS CNAME called (for example) “subdomain”, with a value that says “is an alias of example.com”. The TTL is Automatic, and the Status is set to “DNS and HTTP Proxy”.

The problem is that “subdomain . example . com” (sorry for the spaces, new users can’t put more than two “links” in a post) points to a different IP to “example.com” when I ping it. I’ve left this set up for over 48 hours now as I found other posts that said it needs time to update, but nothing has changed unfortunately.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I’m doing wrong please?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the IP still hasn’t updated. Can anyone from Cloudflare help please?

You’d have to open a support ticket: login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support
Or post the name of subdomain you’re trying to set up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.