DNS stopped working after changing some records from CNAME to A

Hi everyone,

I’m switching clouds and I changed 3 CNAME records to A records (including the root). Cached and without proxying. Now none of my subdomains resolve - not even the ones that I didn’t change. I purged my local cache, tried several online lookup tools, and restored the original records, with no success.

I believe it could be a technical glitch with Cloudflare, because the unchanged domains don’t work either. Also, the table does not show the usual warning icons that the server’s IP is revealed, and once I saw quickly disappearing red error banners on the bottom of the page.

If anyone has ideas, please let me know. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you

.tk domain, see here…
https://www.reddit.com/r/freenom/comments/1akf1cv/every_domain_is_now_down/

dig +trace +nodnssec -4  photohub-eu.tk

; <<>> DiG 9.18.18-0ubuntu0.22.04.1-Ubuntu <<>> +trace +nodnssec -4 photohub-eu.tk
;; global options: +cmd
.			3621	IN	NS	b.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	h.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	f.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	l.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	a.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	g.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	e.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	i.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	c.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	k.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	d.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	m.root-servers.net.
.			3621	IN	NS	j.root-servers.net.
;; Received 239 bytes from 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53) in 0 ms

tk.			172800	IN	NS	a.ns.tk.
tk.			172800	IN	NS	b.ns.tk.
tk.			172800	IN	NS	c.ns.tk.
tk.			172800	IN	NS	d.ns.tk.
;; Received 286 bytes from 199.7.83.42#53(l.root-servers.net) in 152 ms

tk.			5	IN	SOA	a.ns.tk. joost\.zuurbier.dot.tk. 1707335978 10800 3600 604800 5
;; Received 103 bytes from 194.0.39.1#53(b.ns.tk) in 120 ms
1 Like

Amazing, thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.