DNS setup with folder

Hello,
I have a site www.XXXXX.com that points to an IP v4 root directory 167.XXX.XXX.XXX
However, I have a billing system that I wish to move over to another server for security purposes which will leave it sitting at on a different IP address in a folder called “portal” example : 168.XXX.XXX.XXX/portal/

I need that when users are on the main site that is on the 167.XXX.XXX.XXX address, when they click a link to the portal they are taken to the other server 168.XXX.XXX.XXX/portal/

I need both IP’s hidden behind cloudflare. What is the best way to accomplish this?
Please let me know
I’m currently recovering from a devastating hack from earlier this week so any advice is greatly appreciated

0 Likes

if the hostname needs to be www in both instances you would either need to use workers to do the host redirection or a resolve override page rule. The latter is only available on Cloudflare’s enterprise plan.

If you can put /portal on a different hostname then you could use a page rule to do a redirect.

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick response.
Would it be easier to do portal.domain.com and have it redirect to the second IP 168.XXX.XXX.XXX/portal

Is that possible?

0 Likes

So you want if a user types in portal.domain.com they are sent to portal.domain.com/portal? You can do that using a page rule which forwards portal.domain.com to portal.domain.com/portal

0 Likes