DNS settings when changing host/domain registrar

I recently migrated my website over to a new host/domain registrar and have updated the DNS settings in Cloudflare changing the IP in the ‘A’ record to the new host and everything seems to be working fine. However the domain propogation is still ‘pending’ five days later and I’m not sure if there’s something else I need to do? The old registrar still has the Cloudflare nameserver info while I can’t edit the domain at the new registrar since it’s still pending. Additionally, the DNS settings in Cloudflare are still showing the MX, SRV, and TXT for the old host. Do I need to delete these or will these update automatically when the propogation is fully done? Do I need to enter the nameserver of the new registrar anywhere or do I just leave the Cloudflare ones in? Or is there anything else I need to do before the domain expires at the old registrar?

Hi @industrie,

Great!

What exactly do you mean by this? Is this in Cloudflare or with your host and in what context? Are you transferring your domain from your old host to your new one? If so, that would be a question for them… Just make sure you change the nameservers with your new registrar to point to Cloudflare if you want to continue using the service.

You will need to remove any records for your old host or edit them to the values required by your new host.

If you want to keep using Cloudflare on your site, then you should keep your nameservers pointing there.

Yes I am transferring my domain from my old host to my new one…but, the domain transfer is still ‘pending’ five days later so I’m wondering if there was something else I needed to do to speed it up? I have left the nameservers untouched at my old host (ie, they are still pointing to Cloudflare). And since the domain is still pending, I can’t edit any details at the new host. So at this stage I am just waiting until the transfer is fully completed but it seems to be taking a long time.

Cloudflare is not involved if you are transferring between two other registrars so you would have to contact them for help. Sorry.