DNS Settings on third-party (missing/not found records)

I have a cloudflare domain name used on squarespace. Recently on square space it said there was a problem with the DNS Settings and that some of the records weren’t found or missing. I haven’t changed settings on either cloudflare or squarespace. The website is down and i don’t know how to fix it.

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

Ok thanks!
Its also saying that my domain has been ‘moved’ not sure what that means…

Which is saying that your domain has been moved? When you visit your website? Or one of your account dashboards has this message?

When i am on the home page of my login of cloudflare when it gives you the option to go into the settings of the domain name

I don’t think I’ve seen this before. Can you post a screenshot of that?

That domain is no longer using Cloudflare. It’s using registrar-servers name servers now.

Probably because it just expired:

1 Like

So i just need to renew the domain name?

That should help. Then make sure it’s back to using the two name servers Cloudflare assigned. Those would be at the bottom of the DNS page for your domain in the Cloudflare dashboard. It may take a day or so for the name server change to propagate once you renew.

IT says that my domain will expire in NOvemebr 2022 so i’ve just checked the nameservers and waiting for an email… if this doesnt work will I have to look into changing the DNS settings?
Thanks so much for your help!

Their WHOIS still has the wrong name servers.

does this mean i need to change the servers on cloudflare or namecheap?

At Namecheap.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.