DNS settings for A records

My customer website (www.breakthrough.com.hk) is not working. I received the below message but I do not know what the settings are supposed to be changed to in order to get my website back online? I have checked the online documentation but could do with some specific guidance and the IP addresses that the A type are pointing to are not Cloudflare ones.
Regards, Gavin ([email protected]).

Error 1000 Ray ID: 87bb7f7bc8a007a6 • 2024-04-29 01:25:24 UTC DNS points to prohibited IP What happened? You’ve requested a page on a website (www.breakthrough.com.hk) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system. What can I do? If you are the owner of this website: you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for www.breakthrough.com.hk to resolve to a different IP address.”

To allow for this, …

What IP address(es)?

Currently 172.67.136.63.

Cloudflare has 172.64.0.0/13, which covers the IP range 172.64.0.0 - 172.71.255.255

172.67.136.63 is within that IP range.

So yes, you’re actually pointing towards a Cloudflare IP address, which is incorrect.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. But what do I change it to?

You will need to obtain the correct IP address(es) from your hosting provider.

Thanks, will do.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.