DNS servers not setup properly?

So my Cloudflare set IPv4 address are not the same when I do DNS lookup and according to Bluehost I need to change it from Cloudflare but I already did and it’s still not working. What am I supposed to do exactly?

To troubleshoot, I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

I’m getting Error 521: Web Site Is Down despite having the SSL setting set to Full (Strict)

That can’t happen on a Paused Site. Did you follow my instructions?

Yes I did. It was happening before and after I paused Cloudflare. It’s still showing Error 521 regardless

And when you paused Cloudflare, the site was loading just fine with HTTPS after waiting the five minutes for propagation?

Not really. Some of the pages were deformed (showing an improper layout), homepage was showing an old version of it, and newer pages were getting the Error 521. So I don’t even know what’s going on. Like 3 different problems all at once. Bluehost assumed it was a caching issue with the CDN but even that clearing/purging that didn’t help

That still shouldn’t happen if the site is Paused.

I’m not quite clear on this. What did you change?

The DNS Type A Records on Cloudflare. They wanted me to point it back to Bluehost even though it was already

Ok, then if it’s Paused, they should see that and then be able to help you get your site working properly and with HTTPS.

Here’s something weird. I asked some visitors to visit the site and everything is working fine for them. All pages load up as they should. It seems that the Error 521 is only coming up on my network and idk why. I can’t login to the backend of my site because of that error

Try changing your device’s DNS to use 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9 and see if that sends you properly to your site.

Okay about my last comment. It seems a few visitors are having the same problems as me. Could it be that some of the CDNs are not working well? It’s strange for the site to be working for some people and vice versa for others

Is Cloudflare still Paused for your site?

If you need more specific help, please post the URL of the site.

My site is https://rmunlimited.net/

You have a chance of seeing the outdated homepage. I can’t show you what the latest is supposed to look like since the backend is “out of service” atm. Also Cloudflare is still paused

You might also get the Error 521 from here: https://rmunlimited.net/rm-2nd-beta-what-we-know-so-far/

Are you using Ezoic? I also see you have two IP addresses that go through an Amazon load balancer, and there’s no telling where it goes from there.

I ask because this looks very wrong. An NGINX server returning Cloudflare headers:

Yes I am using Ezoic. I haven’t gotten the ads running yet though since I’m still waiting for Google to crawl the ads.txt. Is there something I need to change there?

Ezoic is their own weird world, so I suggest you ask them what’s wrong with your setup. Or whatever sysadmin you have who configured the Amazon load balancer.

As before, leave Cloudflare paused until this is all worked out at your end.

So I contacted Bluehost and they said they repointed the IP addresses to them. They noted that none of the changes I was making in the DNS records were being updated/used which is very weird. Basically any setting I changed in Cloudflare was doing nothing. After they pointed the IP back to them, my site was working properly again