dns resolves to response

I used cloudflare for domain registration and added dns resolution, it’s been almost 1 day, I refreshed the dns cache repeatedly but no record was found in nslookup, when I tried to modify the dns record I got an error: This record type cannot be proxied. (Code: 9004)

Can you share your domain and show a screenshot of the record you created?

1 Like

Hello this is my screenshot

You are trying to proxy 127.0.X.X which is a loopback address. That can’t be done as the dashboard says.

That A record should point at the public IP address of your hosting, your tunnel, or, if redirecting and you need a dummy address to be proxied, use A 192.0.2.1 or AAAA 100::

To confirm your domain is active, as asked, what is your domain?

Hello I have sent the screenshot and for some reason it didn’t reply to your post, I’ll retry here.
My domain is registered with cloudflare, so I can’t configure the ns records

Hello my domain is: cl0udflare.work;I tried to resolve the main domain using A record but there is no resolution record

The domain is not registered…

whois cl0udflare.work
No Data Found
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2024-03-19T11:34:54Z <<<

You would need to raise a registrar ticket to ask about this. Given the domain name, the response will be interesting.

If by interesting you mean it will be put on domain hold and never released, I think you probably have it right.

Perhaps @wanfeng527 you might choose a domain name which doesn’t appear to be a phishing domain for your projects.

So should I request a refund from cloudflare?

So now should I request a refund from cloudflare and register a new domain?

No. You should write it off as the cost of the lesson learned and avoid registering a domain name that is confusingly similar to a trademark.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.