DNS resolution randomly stops working for website

Hello. I using Cloudflare as DNS provider for some personal websites, but I am having some random issues with DNS Resolution.

Some times, DNS just stops working and when it happens it can be like a couple of minutes of dowtime to almost entire days.

It also happens that I have 2 subdomains, pointing to exactly the same IP, one of them resolves the other dont.

Here is the screenshot from my cloudflare account:

If I run dig, the results is the following:

❯ dig labs.brunopaz.dev                                                                                                                                                

; <<>> DiG 9.11.14-RedHat-9.11.14-2.fc30 <<>> labs.brunopaz.dev
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 57640
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;labs.brunopaz.dev.		IN	A

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: qui mai 07 18:44:06 WEST 2020
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 46

No IP address defined, despite it appearing correctly configured on Cloudflare interface.

Also my websites are up. I can reach them internally from my cluster.

Any ideas what is happening?

I can confirm that ‘labs’ is not resolving. Only ‘directus’ resolves. Are the two name servers on that DNS page Kanye and Marge?

Yes. they are.

I dont know but both websites are deployed in a Kubernetes Cluster and I using External DNS to automatically update the IP address in Cloudflare if changed.

Right now, it seems to exist a bug on External DNS that makes do a lot of Delete/Insert requests every minute of DNS records for the same domain, even when the IP has not changed. - https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/external-dns/issues/992

Do you think this can somehow confuse Cloudflare or hitting some kind of rate limit? The fact is that the IP hasn´t changed and it appears correct on Cloudflare interface.

Based on everything in this thread, it should work. Open a Support Ticket and include a link to this thread.

Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.