I have a problem with my proxy DNS record that I simply can’t figure out. I only found one question on the community that was even close.
So, it appears the domain works, and it appears my MX records pointing to gmail work as I can pass emails back and forth, but my pointer for my proxy/tunnel responds back that there’s no record on my domain.
My nameservers are correct, but it won’t let me paste them here. Google DIG shows them to be correct. And again, my MX records are working.
This was what was instructed for me to use by Cloudflare.
So just now I set up an A record and pointed it to 220.127.116.11 as DNS Only. This should keep it as simple as possible, right? Doesn’t work.
By the way, this domain was set up on 3/4/2023, so it’s been running for 4 days, I’d think that’s sufficient.
I’m betting it’s something VERY simple, I’ve been doing DNS since the 80s going back to old DEC Alpha machines, so it’s not new to me. It’s just something I’m doing wrong on Cloudflare DNS.
Let me know what you need from me without me spilling my privacy all over the internet and I’ll get it over to you.
May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation here and URL example to the particular resource with us so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some feedback information?
Appears to resolve for me:
dig test.jctx.xyz +short
dig plex.jctx.xyz +short
@cscharff Thank you, that’s interesting. It’s not for me. Now I’m really stumped.
Perhaps you have hardcoded a resolver on your machine?
Here’s a sample query against Google’s DNS service:
dig test.jctx.xyz @18.104.22.168
; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> test.jctx.xyz @22.214.171.124
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 55326
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;test.jctx.xyz. IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
test.jctx.xyz. 300 IN A 126.96.36.199
;; Query time: 320 msec
;; SERVER: 188.8.131.52#53(184.108.40.206)
;; WHEN: Wed Mar 08 16:03:55 CST 2023
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 58
I do have some “fun” DNS stuff inside my network, but I’m running these tests over T-Mobile to prevent that from being a problem.
So even on my phone’s browser using the Google Admin Toolbox and running a Dig, I’m getting the MX records, but I don’t get any A or CNAME records. This is really confusing that you can see everything but I can’t.
I’ve never used Google’s Admin toolbox before, but it looks like it may just hate you.
Yeah, digwebinterface dot com is showing the right records. Now I just have to figure out if the problem is due to my T-Mobile phones connection/config/something on their network, or if it is more widespread.
Thanks for the second set of eyes, I figured I had my second set of eyes since I was trying it over my phone, but I guess that wasn’t good enough.
And oddly, my work PC can’t ping these either! It doesn’t use any setting on my LAN at all, it connects to the internet via VPN back to the corp office, with its own DNS settings independent of anything I have here.
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.