DNS records not showing up for DKIM & SPF

Entries in the DNS page for DKIM and SPF are not showing up in public queries on the domain, and I cannot send outbound email to certain servers (presumably because of this; that’s the reason Google support pointed out).

I recently added G Suite to a domain for email, and did the usual DNS update for MX, SPF, and DKIM records. It’s been almost a week since setting it up and I can send/receive mail -mostly- except there are some domains that cannot receive outbound traffic from this new G Suite account. The same receiving domains can receive email from other G Suite accounts I have setup though, so it shouldn’t be anything on the receiving domain end.

DKIM is turned on in G Suite and status is “authenticating email.” When you do a dig query on the domain engagestreaming.com here: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#TXT/ there is no entry showing up for DKIM or SPF.

Can anybody help get these records committed and live? Thank you!

SPF records in Cloudflare are:
Type: SPF
Name: engagestreaming [.com – this support forum limits link quantity so I cannot write the actual link]
Content: v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all
TTL: Auto
Proxy: DNS only

DKIM records in Cloudflare are:
Type: TXT
Name: google._domainkey
Content: v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAiKOEgqfqSNnkCYD0eSbo2uHw1ZauyICRThwbSkB+dkmJOLNPLgOyVrsR9sjQXobubSofc4S4BMRkHsvok2P4N6nIdP8L/f6c6UW3jPljtUpJ/dAHb61FhE2fGWns+oPMpdLsojehmLrlV+UpD7XSL1gpPZN2JadN6H3/uNfyuj9VfKGoJWlACsTlY6eRTNOXJdBzvROh9cYrJUWB9YLRTC3wyUDFnRGCXDgRIInMGumHwGyhwKu3z08D7a+avOBvRmwpVnUyWBP2I48woHZro+PFF7qWs6Jt1dQBheFcgBKCoKVFMF+wi7pE8JG3bbp5VqnYe29k2O8bXYyYxcUgVwIDAQAB
TTL: Auto
Proxy: DNS only

The “SPF” DNS entry is deprecated (don’t ask :roll_eyes:). Use TXT instead.

But it looks like you have fixed it. I just looked it up at https://www.mail-tester.com/spf-dkim-check
(make sure your selector test is looking for ‘google’ and not ‘default’.

My favorite tester is dmarcian.com

1 Like

Strange! Good tip on the deprecation, I didn’t realize. Will it matter if I have both a regular SPF record and a TXT entry with the same data?

Dunno. I don’t use the SPF record since my TXT record has always been enough.