DNS records not propagating after DNSSEC mishap during domain transfer to Cloudflare

Hello Cloudflare Community,

I just created a ticket (2407732) with the following problem description:

DNSSEC was not correctly disabled when I transferred my domain from another registrar into Cloudflare a couple of days ago which is currently causing my DNS A records to not propagate. As a result my domain is unreachable and in addition the “universal ssl certificate” is constantly in a “pending validation” state.
How can the problem be solved? Does the DS record [have] to be removed from Cloudflare so that DNSSEC can be reenabled at a later stage? At the moment I have DNSSEC set to disabled.

ftpfreedom.com | DNSViz

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Would love to get this fixed so that the services I host are reachable again. :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance for any help!

How long has it been since you last attempted DNSSEC propagation? As DNSSEC propagation can take up to an hour!

It has been about 24 hours since I disabled DNSSEC for my domain on Cloudflare.
Do you reckon I should try enabling it again and waiting another day?
Before that I clicked the “enable DNSSEC” button and waited for over half a day and it didn’t finalized. I have definitely waited for longer than an hour before.

Hi @Bongani - sorry you’re having this issue. For future reference - if you have a Registrar problem - you can file a ticket as a Registrar user via the form here:


I have found your prior e-mail and I am going to re-open (it was automatically closed as it wasn’t filed via the form above). Because you transferred in from a prior registrar with your DS record still set, this needs to be manually removed by our team - I have raised this request internally.

For future reference (and for anyone else following along) we recommend you remove that DS record before you transfer in, to avoid this issue:


That said, our system should ideally clean this up automatically - this is something we’re working on but I don’t have an ETA to share just yet.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.