DNS Records MX Records

"Can anyone help I need some help on understand the DN -MX Records show DNS ONLY. I am receiving emails ok however i check my email filter to see if there are any spam in the record. The records show that the MX records are INACTIVE. see below. The main reason is that i am expecting an job application form which may go into spam hence me checking.

What does DNS Only refer to in my records. Any help would be appreciated. need some help on understand the DN -MX Records show DNS ONLY. I am receiving emails ok however i check my email filter to see if there are any spam in the record. The records show that the MX records are INACTIVE. see below. The main reason is that i am expecting an job application form which may go into spam hence me checking.

What does DNS Only refer to in my records. Any help would be appreciated."

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 16.06.35

If you are receiving the emails that means your email service is active and functioning. The records you’ve set is correct.

You can add whitelist the email-id if you know it for sure.

Its MX records. These records are essential for dropping the emails. Its set in DNS only in order to direct emails to a mail server.

More on Email records:

Thank you for your prompt reply, I am pleased that it is working correctly and hopefully I will receive the application form.

Thanks again

Hi, Can I ask, does Cloudflare control the emails coming thru the MX records or does my original provider control them ? As i understand that there is an email( Application Form) has been sent and they suggest i ensure that the address is the White list which i have done but nothing is arriving and there is no spam in there records since i move the to Cloudflare or could they be in Cloudflare file/folder.
Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here there’s no controlling part. Your emails communicate through your mail server which is not controlled by Cloudflare here. The records are entered here as you manage the DNS.

As regards to this particular email id, you can whitelist so that the upcoming emails would not drop into spam.

There’s nothing like that unless you want to create some or similar label.

1 Like

Thank you I will discuss this with the original provider.