DNS records and Cloudfare Registar

My website is under Cloudfare Registar. I had to change my web hosting and they required me to change NS servers in Cloudfare which is impossible. However, after changing IP adress in DNS records, my website started to crash. Only several pages work.
I think the problem in wrong DNS records I made myself. Is it possible to delete my website from cloudfare and then sign it up again in order to automatically change DNS records? How can I solve this problem?

Please, look - https://technifiser.com/
Website opens only random pages and there is no fault from my webhosting.

What behavior are you seeing? If you post the domain name we can check.

As far as DNS records, hosts usually have all their records in your account there, so you can manually type them in over here. Or, if you’re lucky, do an Export/Import:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168856-Importing-and-exporting-DNS-records

Ah, checking the site now.

It’s mostly performing, but I did click on an article and got this:

So…I don’t think it’s a DNS issue. It’s possible that the server doesn’t like a ton of traffic coming in from Cloudflare all at once and is rate limiting it.

It looks like WordPress, so might try APO at $5/month on free plans (it’s already included in Paid plans). I hate to suggest a paid feature to fix stuff, but it could just be a load issue on the server, and APO will cache most of your content.

The problem is I cannot even enter wp-admin to fix all these problems.
As far as I understand the problem is that hosting resources are not enough for my traffic value?

That’s certainly a possibility. Your host should know.

You might try putting WordPress into Maintenance Mode to see if it eases up the load enough for you to get into WP-Admin.

As far as I know, I need WP-admin to enable it? Or I missed something?

You only need access to edit the functions.php file:

Still have access to my previous hosting and I can enable Maintenance Mode in normal state, because nothing works with editing functions.php

If you can’t get Maintenance Mode to work, you may have to resort to a Firewall Rule where if IP Address isn’t yours, then Block.

Well, I did it. I changed IP adress in A records in DNS tab to my previous hosting server, where everything worked correctly. I installed Maintenance plugin and activated it. Then I returned to Cloudfare and changed A records records again to my new hosting server. When I purged the cache and opened my site it worked. There was no maintenance mode and only few URLs were available. It looks like website exists in 2 versions depending on IP-adress in DNS record.

Well, I changed IP adress in A records in DNS tab to my previous hosting server, where everything worked correctly. I installed Maintenance plugin and activated it. Then I returned to Cloudfare and changed A records records again to my new hosting server. When I purged the cache and opened my site it worked. There was no maintenance mode and only few URLs were available. It looks like website exists in 2 versions depending on IP-adress in DNS record.

Full, as it always was.

Maybe I need to wait some hours to be sure the DNS records are spread?

Can you help?

As I said:

Regarding this:
Well, I changed IP adress in A records in DNS tab to my previous hosting server, where everything worked correctly. I installed Maintenance plugin and activated it. Then I returned to Cloudfare and changed A records records again to my new hosting server. When I purged the cache and opened my site it worked. There was no maintenance mode and only few URLs were available. It looks like website exists in 2 versions depending on IP-adress in DNS record.

Right. Because you have two copies: One at the old host, where it works. And one at the new host, where it doesn’t work. Ask the new host if your site is overloaded.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.