I am trying to connect my domain to my HubSpot account using a CNAME with Host “www” and Data “23451906.group6.sites.hubspot.net”, but am getting an error saying “An A, AAAA, or CNAME record with that host already exists.”.
The error message you’re encountering indicates that there’s already an existing DNS record with the same hostname (“www”) in your Cloudflare DNS records.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Cloudflare dashboard.
- Go to the domain you’re trying to connect.
- Navigate to the ‘DNS’ section.
- Locate the existing DNS records with “www” as the host. You may have an A, AAAA, or CNAME record.
- Delete those records by clicking Edit then the red delete button.
- Now, add the new CNAME record for your HubSpot connection:
- Set the Type to “CNAME”
- Set the Name to “www”
- Set the Target to “
- Save changes
After making these changes, allow some time for DNS propagation, and your domain should be connected to HubSpot.
For more information on managing DNS records in Cloudflare, please check this documentation: Managing DNS Records in Cloudflare. If you need additional help, feel free to ask!
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.