DNS record deleted: how to get back DNS record deleted?

I deleted a DNS record from DNS app of the Dasborard. I don’t remember what DNS record I deleted. Could I get back that DNS record deleted?

1 Like

go back to the last instruction in your host or email host or something like that
like if i wanted to confirm my domain in google search console i would go back and verify it. tell me what were you trying to do i might be able to help
and also what was the app

Hi @sabino.paciolla,

We have a tutorial for that!

1 Like

since i’m not really expert in this situation yeah… @domjh has solution for that

1 Like

Tanks.
I found I deleted this DNS record: 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com. To insert it newly, I need to know what “Type” is it (A, AAA, CNAME,…).

It sounds like a CNAME record. Can you post a screenshot of that expanded Audit Log entry?

1 Like

No, I found it. It is a SRV. I solved the problem. I reinstate it.
Thanks.

Now, I remember that I deleted it because this DNS record exposes my origin IP. So, I need to delete it? It create a problem if I delete it? It is “DNS only”, so it can’t be proxyes with the orange color.

Because Cloudflare says: “Make sure all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records are also proxied to avoid exposing your origin IP”, the problem, I think, is only with A, AAAA, and CNAME and not with SRV. So, I think I don’t have to worry about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.