DNS Proxy problem

I am really happy to hear you’re using Firewall Rules and other security options available to you so you could levarage bad guys out there and protect your Website as best as it could be! :slight_smile: :+1:

I, hm the wrong … if you experience some issues with your Website or web app like not functioning well, or you get 1020 error and similar, then it should be questioned.

If you’re able, you can share them here and we can double-check those, if interested - just mask the IP or some other relevant private information from the screenshot, in case you’re using them in Firewall Rules due to privacy concern, if so.

But, I’d rather say nothing wrong with them.

That’s a good question.
Sometimes, it catches things which are good for us, catching and blocking WP-Cron sometimes as far as WordPress websites do have it, it runs on a daily and regularly base, therefore uses an old HTTP/1.0 version and no user-agent → which triggers the Bot Fight Mode and it blocks the request.
Simple solution is to add origin host/web server IP to the WAF → Tools → IP Access Rules with the action “allow”, that way it’s bypassed and WordPress website works normally as expected.

In case if interested, may I suggest reading below article from my colleague @jnperamo as it describes some cases and situations where Bot Fight Mode / Super BFM could make some issues and what could we do to make sure we’re good to go while using it:

I’d keep them on. I’d say if you suspect or see you’re getting something weird going on with for example, Googlebot or some other “good bot” from the verified bot list from the link below, write back or create a new topic and someone would see it and help you with it.

I’m happy to hear this! :handshake:
Wish you a warm welcome here at Cloudflare Community Forums :confetti_ball:
I 100% understand you and your worry, therefore a dedicated willingness and effort to make sure you’re using Cloudflare the best way possible and have your Website as fast and as secure as it can be :wink:

Appreciate this :+1:

You could always send e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account describing your issue.
Therefore, if you get autoreply and like “closed”, kindly take a look into it and find a ticket number in it, which then you share it here with us so we could escalate your issue.