DNS Provider With Website Built In Zenfolio and Registered With Bluehost

Greetings,

Here is what I am trying to do:
I have a website that is built in Zenfolio with one of their templates, all the content is there (photos, videos etc.). We’re a photography studio.

We have the website registered with Bluehost, and they’ve recently been dealing with a technical issue whereby they’re recommending that we move to Cloudflare as our DNS provider. Here is how it has been explained to us from Bluehost:

“You would set up an account with Cloudflare and we would point the namesevers for your domain to them. This would give them control of your zone files (A record, CNAME records, etc.) and remove our DNS system from the equation.”

Here is my question: how can this be done and what will it cost?
It looks like this is the most direct way I can get technical support from Cloudflare.

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Cloudflare community, sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulties.

To move your DNS to Cloudflare, please follow these instructions:

In short, the steps you need to take are the following:

1. Sign up for a Cloudflare account at cloudflare.com.
  2. Make sure DNSSEC is disabled at your registrar (Bluehost in this case). Otherwise, your domain will experience connectivity errors when you change your nameservers.
  3. Add your domain to your Cloudflare account.
  4. Cloudflare will scan your domain’s DNS records (verify they match those at Bluehost).
  5. Cloudflare will provide you with two nameservers.
  6. Log in to your Bluehost account and update the nameservers to those provided by Cloudflare.
  7. Wait for the changes to propagate.

Cloudflare offers a free plan which should be suitable for your needs, but we also have paid plans for additional features:

I hope this information was useful, let us know if we can further assist you in this matter.

Greetings,

Thank you for your assistance. Is there a way I can communicate directly with a tech support representative with Cloudflare via email or by phone? I have more information about this issue i’m trying to fix, which involves fixing DNS records pertaining to my website with Zenfolio.

I would really appreciate if I can get some guidance on this, otherwise I won’t be able to stay with Cloudflare.

Please let me know ASAP

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.