DNS propagated, Hostzinger is provider, cloudflare account not showing domain and unable to help

My host provider (Hostzinger) confirms my domain has propagated & nameservers are updated, yet my domain still does not show in my cloudflare account?

I open a support ticket at the recommendation of my host and here is the response I get …

" Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support. It looks like you are experiencing an issue with dns . Our Support team is only available to provide assistance on billing, account, and registrar related issues. If you believe your issue falls into one of these categories, please reply here. Otherwise, see the resources below.
Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support. Your issue has been marked as Resolved in our system. If you require further assistance, simply reply to this email to re-open your ticket. If you have a new issue later on, please open a new ticket with us so that we don’t confuse two separate issues. Thanks."

Moreover, the email goes on to say …
“Also, if you receive a customer satisfaction survey request, please take a moment to rate your overall experience and provide any suggestions you have. We value your feedback greatly.
Thanks for being part of Cloudflare!”

So I have sent a reply to this ticket asking a simple question …

If you are unable to assist with DNS related issues then what exactly am I paying cloudflare for? I am unable to access the services I signed up for and you are unable to assist me. Are you suggesting I should cancel my account and request a refund? Terrible customer service if you ask me.

I can’t wait to see if the customer satisfaction survey request contains any negative rating numbers. I feel like they did not even look into this issue, instead just issued an automated email response closing my ticket.

So NOT HELPFUL.

As mentioned in the reply, customers on our free plans usually get a reply within an hour of posting here. The reply from Support indicated

Can you share the results from DNS Checker - DNS Propagation Check & DNS Lookup for propagation? It looked to me to be in process as of a few minutes ago and the zone shows as pending in your account. If it’s still not active, perhaps contact your domain registrar and ask them to clear this icann hold on your domain Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited. Let us know how it’s going.

Let the agent on your ticket know if/when you have added the txt record they requested that you add.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.