DNS PROBLEMS Nightmare HELLLP

Hello,

I have a lot of unexplained DNS problems with Cloudflare. And it is only on Cloudflare.

Because I have other sites hosted in another platforms like Cloudflare and things only went wrong here.

I tried everything. Other people with experience already configured my DNS settings here but this intermittent issue doesn’t go away.

I have created other accounts as well to be able to mitigate this issue but no joy.

My website is pointing to Cloudflare now but it has the option “Disable Cloudflare on site” activated.

Because when Cloudflare is active on my website, my site breakes, pictures starts to get deformed/corrupted, the users start to loose their login session and started to be disconnected from the site. Or the site goes completly black dispaying a error like there is an error in your domain name or your registrar or something that I can’t recall and with that no one can access the site until I disable the Cloudflare. This nightmare never ends.

I prefere Cloudflare because I’m with Cloudflare for a time now and I do enjoy this platform to work. Since last month my problems with DNS/ Registrar never ended.

Any one from the staff can help ?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection without any issue? :thinking:

Seems like now the nameservers aren’t even configured propperly and not pointing to Cloudflare anymore? :thinking:

UPDATE:
Ok, I got something and I think it could be related to the DNSSEC.

It seems to me like DNSSEC was enabled before you changed your domain nameservers to Cloudflare.

If you recently changed your domain nameservers, have you checked if the DNSSEC was disabled and any DS records removed at your domain registrar before domain nameservers were changed? :thinking:

Kindly, I’d suggest you to contact and ask your domain registrar to disable DNSSEC for your domain and remove any of the existing DS records at their interface.

Nevertheless, you might have to wait up to 48 or 72 hours for proper DNS propagation and to clear the DS/DNSSEC entries for your domain name.

Try using :grey: (DNS-only) for all of your DNS records just to see what happens.

1 Like

You have not used Cloudflare Registrar, the registrry service has nothing to do with whatever is going on here.

The zone has some history with Cloudflare nameservers, but not with the two in your account. Do you own the domain?

2 Likes

Hi, you are probably 100% right!

I found these settings in the last place my domain was registered.

But my “current” registrar still saying that the problem is on Cloudflare because the DNSSEC is configured there.

I never configured the DNSSEC on Cloudflare, I did try in the past but it was so tricky that I quit.

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection without any issue?

It was, but I can’t recall for how long. Then the nightmare started.
SSL certificates stop working, the site was with HTTPS url but it was flagged as insecure.

I think I have to contact my old registrar to delete those settings.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Cloonan,

Yes, I own this domain and other 2 right now.

That’s because I’ve created a new account with another email to see if these problems go away. And they didn’t. :smiling_face_with_tear:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.