DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up A for mydomain.com

I’ve been trying to setup ssl certificate on a domain and I got the error below which based on research I’ve done it’s associated to DNSSEC not being setup correctly. I did contact my registrar and they claim to have set it up correctly, I’m currently at my wits end looking for a solution to the problem. Any help would be appreciated, the error displayed is below

“MASTER DCV: 400 urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns (There was a problem with a DNS query) (DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up A for dawamart.co.ke - the domain’s nameservers may be malfunctioning; DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up AAAA for dawamart.co.ke - the domain’s nameservers may be malfunctioning) 400 urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns (There was a problem with a DNS query) (DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.dawamart.co.ke - the domain’s nameservers may be malfunctioning)”

That is correct. The registry has the incorrect DS record. I suggest you turn of DNSSEC at your domain registrar.
https://dnsviz.net/d/dawamart.co.ke/dnssec/

Thanks a bunch for the feedback!
So from your statement what I’m getting is that the domain registrar’s DNSSEC is on and at the same time I’m trying to setup the same on Cloudflare right? If not then I’m guessing turning the DNSSEC on the registrar’s end off will mean the domain looses out on the advantages of DNSSEC

Right now it’s broken. If I were daring, I’d just suggest to set the correct DNSSEC info at the registrar, but that might not work. That’s why I suggest you turn it off.

Later, if this clears up, wait a couple of days, then try to turn it on again, but with the correct settings provided by Cloudflare.

Makes sense, I’ll do that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.