DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on only my computer

Greetings Everyone,
After making some DNS changes, I can not access certain web addresses on my website, but other people on their computers can.

I have cleared my caches via the browser and the command line, and also did a few other things via cmd line that I didnt even know what i was doing based on internet suggestions, but still not resolved.

Can someone please shed light on this.

Thank you

I just confirmed that I am able to access the address in question by using a proxy site, so hopefully that provides some additional context.

Thank you

There are caches everywhere, including caches you do not have any control over, such as e.g. your ISP’s DNS resolver.

That would require some more information from you, -

1. What domain?

2. What exact record(s), do you believe there is a problem with?
    And how does your Cloudflare Dashboard look, in regards to these specific record(s)?

3. What AS number(s) are you seeing the problem from?
    The AS number can be found here:

Thanks for the reply DarkDeviL, I appreciate it.

As per your post:

1. What domain?
    www.thinkinglion.com

2. What exact record(s), do you believe there is a problem with?

The home page above seems to be working, but when I click through to checkout and purchase my course, it returns the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. The same error also pops up for courses.thinkinglion.com

And how does your Cloudflare Dashboard look, in regards to these specific record(s)?

1. What AS number(s) are you seeing the problem from?

I hope I have done all that correctly to respond to your extra information request.
Thank you so much for your assistance.

Cheers,
H

i just noticed that even my www.thinkinglion.com is returning the DNS error as well now.

I just tried connecting my laptop to the internet with a phone’s hotspot function, and everything is working properly. Does that lead to an obvious solution?

Thank you kindly

[I tried unplugging the router and modem already]

You did that perfectly fine! :+1:

With the issue being there consistently with one Internet connection, but not another, that would suggest it is an issue with the specific Internet connection, that the issue is happening on.

Looking around, - I do not find any public looking glasses (e.g. test points) that I could run tests from, that reside on AS803 Saskatchewan Telecommunications.

Can you try the following?

From a Command Prompt, on Windows (WinKey+R, Enter “cmd”, then click on “[OK]”):

Run these commands, and provide a screenshot of the result(s):

1. nslookup clientportal.ludicrous.cloud

2. nslookup sites.ludicrous.cloud

On Linux / MAC, you can in a Terminal run the following two commands, and similarly provide a screenshot of the result(s):

1. dig clientportal.ludicrous.cloud

2. dig sites.ludicrous.cloud

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.