I recently transferred my domain (trentshailer.com) from google domains to here.
Name servers are with Cloudflare, and the root record is pointing to the correct IP address however, I’m getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

I suspect this could be due to DNSSEC pending, however, this has been pending for 3 days.
Edge SSL certificate has also been pending for the same time as well.


Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your domain name.

I checked and I can see there is some DNSSEC issue :thinking:

Nevertheless, I do see your domain has got DNSSEC enabled. When I do check the DNSSEC, I see there is 1 DS record added.
It seems to me like DNSSEC was enabled before you changed your domain nameservers to Cloudflare? :thinking:

If you recently changed your domain nameservers, have you checked if the DNSSEC was disabled and any DS records removed at your domain registrar before domain nameservers were changed? :thinking:

Kindly, I’d suggest you to contact and ask your domain registrar to disable DNSSEC for your domain and remove any of the existing DS records at their interface.

Okay, something might be stuck with Cloudflare Registrar.

Kindly, I’d suggest you to write a ticket to Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue and share the ticket number here with us so we could escalate this issue:

  • Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button. If you get automatic reply, reply and indicate to it you need more help and reference to this topic
  • Or send an an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account

Also, check the Cloudflare dashboard and disable DNSSEC option, if so.

Nevertheless, you might have to wait up to 48 or 72 hours for proper DNS propagation and to clear the DS/DNSSEC entries for your domain name.

Unfortunately, this is a know “issue”, or rather to say it happens. Before we change domain nameservers, we should make sure we disable the DNSSEC feature and remove any of the existing DS type of DNS records for our domain at our domainr registrar.

Furthermore, the error you experienced could also be due to the DNS cache at your local ISP provider → but I am afraid this was related to the DNSSEC issue.

Ticket number: #2421415

Thank you. I’ve escalated it.

Kindly and patiently wait for a reply and fix.

Hi there Trent,

We have manually removed the DS record for trentshailer.com from your previous registrar, which was interfering with DNS propagation and can see that your website is displaying properly now.

You have already replied in the ticket that the situation is sorted, thanks for the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.