DNS Passthrough Multiple Domains Through My Cloudflare Paid Account

So here’s the plan, I want to Upgrade Site-A to Cloudflare Pro so it gets the performance + security features. I want to pass Site-B through Site-A’s account so it inherits the Pro performance/security features.

In Site-B I’ve added CNAME records that point at Site-A subdomain like this:
CNAME | site-b,com | siteb.site-a,com (cloudflare proxy turned OFF)

Then in Site-A I have matching dns records that applies Cloudflare proxy and passes the traffic on to the host:
A | siteb.site-a,com | 123.123.123 (cloudflare proxy turned ON)

This works part of the way, for example site-b,com has achieved valid SSL. When I do pagespeed scans from various places there is no improvement though, as I expect the image optimizers Polish/Mirage would make a change to Site-B, but that does not seem the case… It does improve the images on Site-A, and that is reflected in pagespeed scans.

The ultimate goal of this is to pass benefits of paid plans on Cloudflare to many sites without having to setup so many individual accounts nor pay huge $ for each account… Do I need to upgrade to Business or Enterprise in order for this to work? I’ve seen this process actually work for another user that has Enterprise enabled on their account, but I wonder if the Business plan would work via the myserious feature “cname compatibility” maybe?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Passing Multiple Domains Through My Cloudflare Paid Account