DNS over HTTPS not working on mobile?

When I try to setup Cloudflare Gateway on my mobile (Android 10) using DOH, can’t connect to the internet.

:wave: @hklcf

Check the link in teams. there is a /something after the FQDN … can’t tell if it is missing or the text box above is hiding it. I filed a feature request to add a ‘click here to copy’ action in the teams UI.

— OG

1 Like

I always thought Mobile would be extra tricky because the IP address is constantly changing. Right?

Are you trying to use the Android Pie “Private DNS” feature? That’s DNS-over-TLS, not DNS-over-HTTPS… I don’t know if Gateway is offering DNS-over-TLS, doesn’t seem like it, though.

1 Like

:wave: @sdayman,

With Cloudflare Gateway DNS each ‘location’ as defined in Gateway DNS gets a unique DOH URI. I know Firefox supports such a thing. Does Android? Tell @cloonan to buy a pug a phone to check.

— OG

2 Likes

But don’t you still need to tell Cloudflare the IP address of your device?

No, no need for IPv6 or DOH. It’s specified in the documentation

1 Like

I’ll need to do some more reading. I thought Cloudflare checks your IP address to provide proper filtering.

For IPv4 yes, but IPv6 addresses are unique and the URL is unique as well.

2 Likes

It is really informational and I am also looking for this type of update.I want to add on that I have been facing a severe problem of not being able to reset my GPS in my Android phone Samsung A20. I have followed out the guidelines as suggested by the garmin map updates free download 2019.
1.Firstly,opened Chrome.
2.Tapped on Settings (the 3 vertical dots on the top right)
3.Tapped on Site Settings.
4.Made sure possibly that settings for Location is set to “Ask First”
5.Tapped on Location.
6.Tapped on All Sites.
7.Scrolled down to ServeManager.
8.Tapped on Clear and Reset.
Suggest us if we have missed out on anything.

If you are using Android, you can install Intra to use DNS over HTTPS and set Cloudflare DNS gateway server (https://xxx.cloudflare-gateway.com/dns-query) in the setting page.