DNS-O-Matic and CF

So I’m sure I’m just missing something or making a silly mistake. But I can’t get DNS-O-Matic to update any of my Cloudflare domain IP. I found this guide which tells me to do the following:

• Email:
  • API Token:
  • Domain: <example.com>
  • Hostname: dynamic

I am just not sure if the “hostname” literally is supposed to be “dynamic” or what? I set that up in DNSOMATIC and it never updates. Do I need any custom DNS records for my domain to get DDNS to work? Lets say that I have this:

server.mydomain.com that I want to DDNS to my IP (5.5.5.5) that changes on a regular basis. what DNS records do I need to get all of this to work? I have an A record for domain.com and home.domain.com and CNAMEs for the service subdomains plex.domain.com pointing to home.domain.com. But nothing gets updated. Thank you for your help!

Hi,

Following your example, if you want a dynamic IP for server.mydomain.com you should put this there:
Domain: mydomain.com
Hostname: server

I was checking the forum here and I found this post, you might find interesting:

1 Like

I did see that post during my google crawl on this issue. But I did manage to at least fix my issue. I did get a client that was at least able to give me some error codes (Marcs Updater) and I kept getting BADAUTH. So even though my account details worked to log me into my DOM account I did a password reset to a new PW and BAM it started working. Something weird was out of sync with dnsomatic.

But this was to just one domain (sub1.mydomain.com). Now I need to find out how to update multiple subdomains for each domain.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.