DNS Not Resolving Properly after Transfer

We moved our DNS frmo GoDaddy to Cloudflare. Some recrods are working and some are not.

We added a CNAME and its been hours and it snot being propagated. We have tested on multiple DNS testing sites. THey all report that the domain resolves to CF IP addresses, but the records and rules we have set up are not working

For instance we have a CNAME set up to point from greybirchsolutions.com to gbmfg.co and its not showing up in any DNS record checks.

We also have the following URL Forwarding Rule set up, which is also not working:

FYI https://greybirchsolutions.com/ still seems to be pointing to BigCommerce (where we used to use this domain) dispite the rules above and a CNAME record pointing to the new domain (gbmfg.co).

Do BigCommerce use Cloudflare themselves?

It’s possible that they’re using SSL for SaaS which overrules your configuration and would need them to make sure it’s fully removed from their account before your own setup will work.

1 Like

Thanks for the response!

Even if they had residual SSL settings in olace I am not sure how it would be in play since our DMS no longer points to them.

Pplus we have removed any references to this domain from BigCommerce.

SO we turned the nameservers back to GoDaddy - waited 24 hours and did lots of checks, then put them back to CF.

Once again any reference to greybirchsolutions dot com is pointing to BigCommerce.

As you can see in the screen capture DNS is set to point to our server in Montreal Canada. Yet anyone that goes to the domain goes to BigCommerce.

The domain is being routed though CF, and DNS checks confirm that. See the second screen capture.

This is a Cloudflare issue - and I REALLY need help from an actual Cloudflare person to get it resolved!

I am new so can embed images (even though I am paying customer) so here are the screen captures in a gallery.

I am posing this AGAIN because apparently some folks are sensitive about domains with guns. Grow up.

Our doain is not being properly handled by Cloudflare.

SO we turned the nameservers back to GoDaddy - waited 24 hours and did lots of checks, then put them back to CF.

Once again any reference to greybirchsolutions dot com is pointing to BigCommerce.

As you can see in the screen capture DNS is set to point to our server in Montreal Canada. Yet anyone that goes to the domain goes to BigCommerce.

The domain is being routed though CF, and DNS checks confirm that. See the second screen capture.

This is a Cloudflare issue - and I REALLY need help from an actual Cloudflare person to get it resolved!

I am new so can embed images (even though I am paying customer) so here are the screen captures in a gallery

1. List item

Anyone at all?

All records point to Cloudflare but if I don’t get help from Cloudflare I have to take a paying customer to some other platform. I have almost 50 other sites working flawlessly on CF and really want to keep this client on CF.

You need to contact BigCommerce and have them remove the SSL for SaaS custom hostname as @KianNH said 3 days ago.

I did do that - BC doesn’t have any SSL references or domain references. As I replied 5 days ago.

They use Cloudflare at least on their main website.

~ curl -sSI https://www.bigcommerce.com/
HTTP/2 200 
<snip>
server: cloudflare

Point being is that SSL for SaaS ‘trumps’ your configuration in Cloudflare, and your https://greybirchsolutions.com/ link is still going to them.

➜  ~ curl -sSI https://greybirchsolutions.com/
HTTP/2 404 
x-bc-lookup-fail: 1
x-request-id: 2edd7d63157b13ef02902ee8894f99f9
server: cloudflare

If you look around the community forum, you’ll see the exact same symptoms where an SSL for SaaS provider (take Shopify as an example) hasn’t fully removed the domain from their SSL for SaaS setup and therefore it still overrules your Cloudflare records & setup, like Page Rules.

But outside of BC or Cloudflare support directly, unless they advertise it publicly, we have no way of knowing if they do use SSL for SaaS other than that the exact issues you’re facing would indicate that they are.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.