DNS not resolving for safeway.com

I’m unsure why but I’m unable to get to safeway . com with 1 . 1 . 1 . 1 or 1 . 1 . 1 . 3
I like the service so far but need to be able to know that I can get to the sites I use most often and trust that it is updated. I had to replace all the .s because apparently it thinks it’s a link and won’t let me do more than 2 as I’m a new user.

server 1_1_1_1
Default Server: one_one_one_one
Address: 1_1_1_1

safeway_com
Server: one_one_one_one
Address: 1_1_1_1

*** one_one_one_one can’t find safeway_com: Server failed

server 1_0_0_1
Default Server: one_one_one_one
Address: 1_0_0_1

safeway_com
Server: one_one_one_one
Address: 1_0_0_1

*** one_one_one_one can’t find safeway_com: Server failed

server 8_8_8_8
Default Server: dns_google
Address: 8_8_8_8

safeway_com
Server: dns_google
Address: 8_8_8_8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: safeway_com
Addresses: 45_60_102_113
45_60_12_113

server 208_67_222_123
Default Server: resolver1-fs_opendns_com
Address: 208_67_222_123

safeway_com
Server: resolver1-fs_opendns_com
Address: 208_67_222_123

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: safeway_com
Addresses: 45_60_102_113
45_60_12_113

First, try 1.1.1.1/help

Then give this a try and let us know which datacenter it shows:
dig +short CHAOS TXT id.server @1.1.1.1

From LAX, I get an Answer:

Sorry! I did not know about 1.1.1.1/help.

Here’s the connection information.

https://1.1.1.1/help#eyJpc0NmIjoiWWVzIiwiaXNEb3QiOiJObyIsImlzRG9oIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTEuMS4xLjEiOiJZZXMiLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTEuMC4wLjEiOiJZZXMiLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMTExIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMDAxIjoiTm8iLCJkYXRhY2VudGVyTG9jYXRpb24iOiJITkwiLCJpc1dhcnAiOiJObyIsImlzcE5hbWUiOiJDbG91ZGZsYXJlIiwiaXNwQXNuIjoiMTMzMzUifQ==

It looks like it should work, as you’re connecting to 1.1.1.1 in Honolulu (sigh :palm_tree:)

I don’t see anything wrong with Safeway DNS, but I could be wrong. If it doesn’t clear up, maybe @anb can figure out why HNL doesn’t like safeway.com

But there’s always Foodland.com, right?

Haha! You’re right with the store options… It hasn’t been like that for a while. At first I thought it was on their end but it’s not. I used a VPN and it worked, honestly didn’t think it would be on the DNS side so I checked hosts, and other things on my network before checking alternate DNS providers. I’m using 8.8.8.8 for now but hoping it’ll be fine again soon. I believe it’s been ongoing for me for at least a week.

I really like 1.1.1.3 for the home so hoping something kicks back. It used to work, just not recently.

1 Like

Hi @changordon, sorry to hear about it. It appears that our HNL data center cannot reach to the nameservers serving safeway.com, I created an internal ticket to track this with our network team. Will post here once we get any update.

1 Like

Our team tried to contact safeway.com, but not able to find an valid NOC contact. We applied a workaround instead, hope it fixed your issue.

1 Like

What was wrong with my Foodland workaround? :smirk:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.