DNS not propagating after Name Server change on a .org

I changed the nameservers for pathwaysok.org from GoDaddy to CF on the morning of 5/23, and the new site is not pulling up because the DNS has not fully propagated. This is highly unusual for CF, and I have never experienced it in the years that I have been working with CF. What can be done to get it all to work properly?

You have a DNSSEC issue…

You need to either disable DNSSEC at your registrar, or enable it at Cloudflare and copy the DS records to your registrar from your dashboard here…


Thanks so much for the prompt reply… I am unfamiliar with DNSSEC - can you hand hold me and give me a lil more clarity in the steps you are talking about.

1 Like

You will need to log in to your Godaddy account and find the DNSSEC tab and disable it or delete all the DS records that are in there.

Check that everything works, then later if you want you can enable DNSSEC in the Cloudflare dashboard and add the DS records Cloudflare gives you into your Godaddy DNSSEC settings.

1 Like

Here is a screenshot of the DS records… so I delete these? Can you help me know what they are for? I don’t want to mess anything up, and I have never done this before. are these records just for the DNSSEC?

Godaddy docs mention they only allow to turn on/off DNSSEC if you host the DNS with them so that tab does not show for me, but the above DS records do… are you saying those are what is keeping it from propagating?

Yes, they are just for DNSSEC and they would be for signing previous nameservers you used so you will need to delete them to turn off DNSSEC on Godaddy.

Or you can replace them with, or add, the Cloudflare DS records as I explained above.

Easiest for you probably to just delete them to get your site up. You can revisit DNSSEC later if you want

1 Like

ok I deleted those records… do I need to reset or clear cache anywhere, or just wait? any next steps to see if this works?

You just need to wait.

Godaddy now shows DNSSEC as disabled, just wait for the DNS to catch up…

How long should I wait before looking further?

Most public DNS servers are now resolving your domain…

it is now up and working… thanks so much!!!


This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.