DNS, MX, A set up

Hi there awesome people,

A newbie here, my goal is to access my domain mail service on mobile phone.

After a little research I was pointed to DNS setting.

I think I have followed all the instructions there is to set up the service yet I still receive connection error.

here is the details from the cpanel zone editor

I notice in cpanel record the MX destination is pointing to sakuofficial.com but the MX setting from cloudflare is pointing to mail.sakuofficial.com.

Is this what causing the error? Do I need to change the MX setting from cpanel? or is it already correct?

Hi @steef_vendy1989,

It is correct as it currently points to a :grey: record. Your main domain is :orange: so that wouldn’t work.

When setting it up on your device, if you specify mail.sakuofficial.com for the mail server, it should be OK.

So I have changed the MX record to mail.sakuofficial.com but the email is still not responding…

and here is the cloudflare setting.

When setting the email up on the phone you mentioned, what value are you specifying in the ‘server’ field? It should be

Hey Dom, I specified mail.sakuofficial.com for both incoming and outgoing server.

Can you pause Cloudflare on your site and try again?

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

If the issue persists after Cloudflare has been paused, it means that there is an issue with your origin, Cloudflare is only operating as your DNS provider while it is paused.

Hey Dom,
I paused my cloudflare but the same issue persists.

Do I contact my hosting provider?

Yes, if it doesn’t work with Cloudflare paused, you should contact your host.

Thanks man, it finally works. I think the reason why I was unable to login the mail domain thru mobile platform was because I chose accept all SSL certificates when logging in. I tried accept SSL only this morning and it worked!

I appreciate all your helps!

1 Like