DNS migration issue


#1

We’ve migrated one domain to CF, when NS records for this domain point to:
domain. 86400 IN NS bella.ns.cloudflare.com.
domain. 86400 IN NS dilbert.ns.cloudflare.com.

But in overview I see “Status: Website not active (DNS modification pending)”. What could be the problem ?


#2

You probably don’t have the name servers in your WHOIS record updated at your domain registrar.

If that’s still not working for you, please post your domain name.


#3

The website appears to be active, is this still an issue?


#4

I have successfully completed two activations to CF but the third one has been pending for a couple of days. This site is hosted by ipage and I put in the NS changes . . . those check out. Look, I am a CPA and might be in way over my head. I can follow directions step-by-step but I cannot understand/tell what to do if something else is not correct. For example, I have no idea what all the current records are that show up. All I want to do is to hook this to a Kajabi account. Would it normally take more than 24 hours? Oh, yes, it is a free account . . . CPA, remember? Frugal!


#5

The nameservers need to be changed at the registrar rather than at ipage. A whois lookup shows the registrar is still pointing to ipage who then delegates to Cloudflare. The delegation needs to happen at the registrar rather than at the ipage nameservers.

https://whois.icann.org/en can be used to look up what the registrar has in place for you.


#6

Thank you for the reply. Awesome. So is this the registrar?:

Registrar

WHOIS Server: whois.domain.com
URL: www.domain.com
Registrar: Domain.com, LLC

The thing is, I can go to ipage and change the NS (I’ve already done that) and that is what I did for another site I had with iPage BUT, after buying the domain name at ipage I have NO IDEA what my son did with it . . .

Like I said, I am a dope . . . but I think what you are telling me is that I need to go to domain.com and change the NS there. The only thing is . . . . why does it look like I can also do that on iPage. BTW the current NS are to ipage.

As confused as I am, now I now EXACTLY how my clients feel when I explain why the new tax laws are going to cause them to pay MORE in taxes.

Many thanks -


#7

Update: I did a chat with Domain.com. They confirmed that I need to make the name server changes at ipage, which I have done . . . so, I guess I just need to be more patient for approval? How long should I wait?

Thanks again . .


#8

Hey . . . I got it fixed. The awesome tech support at domain.com did it for me (out of pity, no doubt). I am good to go on cloudflare with this domain.

Thank you for your help . . . you got me to the right person