DNS management failed, website not accessible (even through ftp)

I have added two domains to cloudfare. For the first one everything seems to have worked out well.
I have added my second domain to cloudflare. Then I accepted the entries that were offered to me under DNS management. Two hours later my website was no longer accessible. I received 200 entries under DNS management. To me it seems as if DNS management had added all sorts of directories from Wordpress.

Any idea what went wrong or what I need to do?

I would clean up all the DNS entries there that aren’t needed and make sure the ones that are needed are there.

1 Like

Thank you jake1st for your response. How do I know which entries I need for sure? On the site where it worked there were only four entries. (I can add a screenshot tomorrow).

If you know what the old records looked then before you transferred then I would match them in Cloudflare.

If your first domain is working and has the same setup as the second one then that would be a good place to start.

Ok, thanks. I will try tomorrow and let you know.

I saw few similar topics, and I belive this could be due to a possibility if you have had an asterix * in the DNS zone at your ex hosting provider, so when Cloudflare scanned it, it added all of them in alphabetical order word (somehow happens, not sure exactly).

1 Like

Dear Jake1st, thank you for the good hint. Deleted all entries and just kept those as for the other site. Now it works again. Thanks for helping out.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.