DNS link to your webpage in domain

Newbie here can someone assist me on:

1 . Going to make a new login page on my (DASHBOARD WEB PAGE). I need to put the address in my DNS and link it to my (MAIN WEB PAGE) in my domain.

1. As for the redirection of my dashboard to a different URL, I would need to change the DNS record from (OTHER WEB PAGE) to point to an (IP ADDRESS) so then i will be able to pick it up and redirect the page there.

Thanks in advance.

Your ALL CAPS obfuscations make it a bit difficult to decipher, but it sounds like your want a DNS entry to point to a webpage/URL?

It’s ok if you use placeholder URLs and IP addresses: example.com/login-page, example2.com or a DNS entry of 12.34.56.78 to be more descriptive of the issue.

Some ideas to keep in mind: DNS doesn’t handle URLs. It’s only domains and subdomains pointing to IP addresses or other domains/subdomains…with some special case exceptions that don’t apply to “A” or CNAME records.

You’re probably better served with Page Rules that can provide some pretty powerful redirection by matching URLs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.