DNS issues

dns

Hi, I’m new to cloudfare…very new…I recently got into web development and design. I’m using wordpress.

I’m attempting to configure my DNS and I’m getting these messages. Can anyone help?

An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found for the www subdomain. The www.**********.com subdomain will not resolve.

An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found pointing to the root domain. The ********.com domain will not resolve.

An MX record was not found for your root domain. An MX record is required for mail to reach @********.com addresses.

I’m a visual guy, so here’s a screenshot of a very basic working setup that I think will set you on the right track:

Hi Andy, thanks for the help. I’m just wondering now what I did wrong why I’m not getting these values?

Hey no problem :smile: I doubt you did anything wrong - it’s hard to tell without knowing what your setup is like (dedicated server, shared hosting, etc). Typically when you set up a site through the Cloudflare website it will pull in all your DNS records automatically. If your web host has some kind of Cloudflare integration (e.g. through cPanel) then I’m not sure on that.

Regardless, were you able to get your server IP and the DNS records created?