DNS issue!

I would like to add a CNAME at the Apex/root level of my domain. The RFC states that it is not possible, and I need to point the record to my CloudFront distribution. In AWS, I was using an ALIAS record. What is the equivalent in Cloudflare?

You can create a CNAME at the apex in your Cloudflare DNS, but to comply with RFCs it will be flattened to return an A/AAAA record when queried. This will cause problems if the hosting must see the actual CNAME set as there’s no way to make that happen.

For such situations, it’s usually best to host your website on a www subdomain (and use the CNAME there) and redirect the apex domain to the www subdomain using a redirect rule on Cloudflare.

Hi @abdulrehman, your topic has a solution here.

Let us know what you think of the solution by logging in and give it a :+1: or :-1:.

Solutions help the person that asked the question and anyone else that sees the answer later. Login to tell us what you think of the solution with a :+1: or :-1:.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.