DNS issue with Weebly and Cloudflare

Hi there!

I have some issues with my DNS setup. I use weebly for my site but whenever I hit publish, it says something is not correctly set up. “It appears that your domain is not properly setup to display your website.”

I use the SSL from Weebly. The SSL setting in Cloudflare is set to “Full”.

Could anyone please guide me to what might be wrong?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best,

Simon

Hi user302,
What’s your domain name, to see what’s happening?

Hi! www.professionalsecrets.se
Thank you very much!

Hi!

I see that the X-Host is set to pages47.sf2p.intern.weebly.net and is not resolvable, but maybe that’s how it works internally.

How did you setup the SSL on Cloud Flare, full or full(strict)?

Can be that Weebly is disabling SSL because the domain gets another not Weebly IP

Did you check : Always Use HTTPS?

Did you tried using a Origin certificate https://dash.cloudflare.com/?zone=ssl-tls/origin?

Then you may need to change your SSL setting to flexible under the “SSL-TLS” tab in Cloud Flare to get this working with Weebly.

Cloudflare | Web Performance & Security

Maybe their tool is connecting to the IP for management purposes, in this case its proxied, might be an issue and you need to use flexible in SSL TAB, but its not as nice and safe as full SSL.

Please let me know if it helped you.

Have a good day!

Hi,

As expected Weebly is disabling SSL, when you Pause Cloud Flare on Site and enable back SSL on Weebly ( Settings > General > SSL > Enable ) platform after the changes you made and unpause Cloud Flare it works, but I can not call this a real solution.

hi @paul.zwagerman

I’m using only Full on Cloudflare, not Full (strict). I really want to keep it as HTTPS and not only HTTP. I am sorry but I don’t fully understand what you suggest I should do? Could you please clarify a bit more?
Thank you very much!

Best,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

Keep SSL the way you have it FULL:
cf-ssl-full

Please contact Weebly for a more permanent solution, Weebly is disabling SSL on your website if Weebly detects that the IP address is no longer an Weebly IP.

To temporarily bypass this :

But for a more permanent solution, contact Weebly.

Advising people to keep insecure settings is not exactly a good idea.

True, please advice user302 what’s the best practice, I only know that Weebly needs to fix this.
user302 please contact Weebly for a secure solution.

I am afraid I am not overly famiiiar with that host, but if your earlier statement is accurate

he won’t be able to get a secure connection with that host at all and would unfortunately need to switch host in that case.

Maybe he can get in touch with his host’s support and clarify how he can get a properly secured setup.

Generally speaking, a site needs to be working fine on HTTPS before you add it to Cloudflare - and naturally the server also needs to stay with that configuration after you added Cloudflare.

Why you should choose Full Strict, and only Full Strict elaborates on that.

1 Like

Hi Sandro,

Thanks, agree with your points!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.