I have no idea what I’m doing but I don’t think it should be that hard. (Yes I have read some tutorials and the cloudflare help but nothings worked well for me.)
Rather then say all the things I’ve tried hopefully if I explain exactly what I’m trying to achieve someone can tell me how to get there. It may even help others.
- I have a URI which I access a API from. For this example lets call it www.api.com/category/subject/?parameter=p
- I’m hoping to use cloudflare to cache responses near clients.
- The API is used by applications so it doesn’t matter if the URL is ugly. However I did purchase a domain name through cloudflare - lets call it: www.domain.com
- I have a free cloudflare account.
- The outcome I want is a URL which will use the cloudflare cache if its available and failing that run the api link above (which cloudflare won’t let me post again cause that would exceed its two links per post for noobs policy.) . Preferable using my domain name if that’s practical and not going to badly impact performance.
No matter what arcane combination of DNS settings and page redirects I use it just doesn’t seem to work how I want. Can anyone help??
PS I could use the domain for something else…if its practical not to use it I’d be interested in knowing that.