DNS getting blocked

Greetings,

I am in the process of trying to get a subdomain on our site to point to a site hosted by Cloudflare, however it is getting blocked. The subdomain that I am trying to create a :grey: (DNS-only) for with Network Solutions is podium.organ.org but when you access the site it gives a DNS error from Cloudflare. The error is a 1001.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Michael

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Kindly, switch the CNAME record to :grey: (DNS-only).

Here is the error

How do I edit the post. I don’t normally use Cloudflare, that is done by a colleague who is not available.

Here are the instructions:

Kindly, find and click on a :pencil2: “pencil” icon to Edit your post.
Remove image and upload a new one with masked/hidden IP address.

Should looke like below:
edit_post

I no longer see a link on the picture or in the post except for the one having an issue.

Is there any assistance perhaps to address this error?

organ.org is not using cloudflares nameservers. Until that happens, it will not work.

There is a slightly funny setup here, with one domain being a CNAME of a domain that is itself on a Cloudflare CNAME Setup.

% dig podium.organ.org
podium.organ.org.	7200	IN	CNAME	auth.podium.com.
auth.podium.com.	300	IN	CNAME	auth.podium.com.cdn.cloudflare.net.
auth.podium.com.cdn.cloudflare.net. 300	IN A	104.18.14.241
auth.podium.com.cdn.cloudflare.net. 300	IN A	104.18.15.241

You have a few options here. You can add organ.org to Cloudflare using a partial/CNAME setup as you have done for podium.com. Alternatively, you could add podium.organ.org as an SSL for SAAS hostname.

Your DNS record ultimately points to Cloudflare. On Cloudflare podium.organ.org should point to the /origin/ server.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.