DNS Errors - Help!

I am getting these 2 errors at the top of my DNS page. Can someone tell me EXATCTY what to so to fix them? I am not able to get my email so not sure if this why:

An A, AAAA, CNAME, or MX record is pointed to your origin server exposing your origin IP address.

An MX record was not found for your root domain. An MX record is required for mail to reach @ xxxxxxxx.xx addresses.

What is the domain?

1 Like

escapemaker.biz

Can anyone help?

You are using CF name servers. Can you share a screenshot of of your DNS settings in CF (replace IPs with fake ones but when the IP is the same use the same fake IP)?

A fake.biz points to 184.165.531.241 Automatic

CNAME e is an alias of email.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME email is an alias of email.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME ftp is an alias of fake.biz Automatic

CNAME imap is an alias of imap.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME mail is an alias of pop.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME mobilemail is an alias of mobilemail-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME pda is an alias of mobilemail-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME pop is an alias of pop.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME smtp is an alias of smtp.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME webmail is an alias of webmail.secureserver.net Automatic

CNAME www is an alias of endpoint.fakesite.com Automatic

MX alt1.aspmx.l.google.com mail handled by alt1.aspmx.l.google.com
Automatic

MX alt2.aspmx.l.google.com mail handled by alt2.aspmx.l.google.com
Automatic

MX alt3.aspmx.l.google.com mail handled by alt3.aspmx.l.google.com
Automatic

MX alt4.aspmx.l.google.com mail handled by alt4.aspmx.l.google.com

MX aspmx.l.google.com mail handled by aspmx.l.google.com
Automatic

TXT fake.biz google-site-verification=wZiPEtzpXPToZe9b0fh6kObADQ_4XOAqyE6Ft_WhBJg Automatic

My guess is all of your subdomains are hosted on the same server where your domain is. You need an A record for escapemaker.biz to your real server IP address and then for any subdomain xyz a CNAME record like this:

xyz is an alias of escapemaker.biz

For Gmail MX settings read this thread.

1 Like

Xaq - may I ask for exact step by step instructions here? Iā€™m really lost on your comments above. I dont have subdomains. I only have that one domain and one email address, I followed the Google instruction exactly to set up a txt file and the 5 mx records you see and I cant get it to work and Google wont write me back. You are my only hope OB-1.

Also that first record I pasted above is an A record for my domain to my real server IP (but changed)

Then you just need one A record for your main domain to work (I will write about mail in another post).

If you are intended to have a www for your fakesite.com the this is a wrong record:

CNAME www is an alias of [endpoint.fakesite.com](http://endpoint.fakesite.com) Automatic

It should be:

CNAME www is an alias of fakesite.com Automatic.

But you have lots of CNAMEs what are those?

For MX records, under name, use @ as Google documentation says.

1 Like

ok thx, appreciate it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.