DNS error on display content

Hi guys,

I am trying to permanent a www.example.com to be displayed as an www.example1.com

I’m doing the permanent 301 redirect from the RULES and when I access www.example.com it won’t display the content from www.example1.com. (DNS address could not be found)
I was trying to add the www.example.com in the DNS management with a dummy IP and I still get the same error.

Would like some help if possible
Thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve managed to add www.example.com in DNS management, proxied, and used the 192.0.0.0 IP and it works.

But I don’t understand the IP that I’ve used, why is working ?

It works because Cloudflare needs to have some sort of DNS record for that hostname. The 192 address is just a harmless place holder for that record. Now with that record, requests for that hostname will resolve at Cloudflare so the Page Rule can take effect.

1 Like

For Cloudflare security features (like page rules) to work you need to have the site active on Cloudflare with the nameservers pointing towards the provided nameservers! If you have not changed your nameservers and need help learning how to visit https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/205195708-Changing-your-domain-nameservers-to-Cloudflare

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.