DNS Error Messages Received

Good afternoon,

I have been getting an error message that says “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” when I tried troubleshooting I got the following message “DNS server may be unavailable” How do I fix this? I am not able to get from my hosting site to my Word Press site.

Thank you.

Courtney

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

:point_up_2: Have you followed that Community Tutorial to make sure that you have DNS records?

If you want more specific answers, you can share your domain name and the Community will share their observations with you.

I thought I followed every step given so far. Where can I find the tutorial you are referring to?

Apologies I see the link to the tutorial now. I am still confused. Is there someone I can talk to that will assist me through this process. I don’t want to click the wrong thing and I set myself back in this process even more. I have been struggling with this for 5 days now.

It is in the link in your original post and the part of your post that I quoted in my reply, as well as the text below.

:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
:point_right: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN :point_left:
:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

2 Likes

5 days?

That’d be a good thing as I suspect the domain (zone) is not active on Cloudflare.

Does you site show as active on your cloudflare dash? Can you go here and see if your nameserver change has propagated?

1 Like

I have received the email from Cloudflare stating my domain is active. I have checked geopeeker, dnschecker as well as the Global DNS checker tool all showing my domain name exists.
In addition, I added the following records:

A - Record
Host name: @
points to: 162.241.253.1

CNAME
Host Name: www
points to: ambitionfreelance

I guess I need to wait a few hours for the records to propagate.

1 Like

You have invalid DNSSEC at your registrar which needs to be removed:

https://dnsviz.net/d/ambitionfreelance.com/dnssec/

1 Like

Thank you so much. I am very new to all this. How do I remove the DNSSEC?

That is a question for your domain registrar. The only experience I have with your registrar is transferring domains out, and none of them used DNSSEC, so I don’t know how you access it on their platform.

I was told Cloudflare is my domain registrar. Is there a number or an email address to obtain contact?

Whoever told you that is wrong. Your registrar is Network Solutions. They are the only ones who can update your DNSSEC data in the parent zone.

Domain Name: AMBITIONFREELANCE.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2810144439_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2023-09-06T15:10:08Z
Creation Date: 2023-08-31T00:15:31Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2024-08-31T00:15:31Z
Registrar: Network Solutions, LLC
DNSSEC: signedDelegation
DNSSEC DS Data: 21877 13 2 947D368660B6D2700113B5B6B84D8A5609DF083903ED40D0FA67018DAAD52F74
DNSSEC DS Data: 21877 13 4 8B187733D82A0BF56405995496786C806C42DBB13B01B7ABEC137BEE688ABBEC21D6264430FD67B5DE1B7AC3290F744C
DNSSEC DS Data: 21877 13 1 040A7C98C3AB83D4309DCD36B0D51F14023099A1
2 Likes

Thank you for the information. Again, I am very new to this and learning as I continue through this process.

2 Likes

I spoke to network solutions, and they stated that they could not change my DNS record because it’s a BlueHost issue. I contacted BlueHost (again) and they stated that the DNS record needs to be changed by Cloudflare. The “A” record should be changed to (see below). I desperately need to be able to connect from BlueHost to my WordPress site.

A record : @ 162.241.253.126

BlueHost mentioned that the propagation could take 24-48 hours.

How do I get someone at Cloudflare to assist? I need this rectified so that I can participated in a paid virtual conference that begins on Friday.

The DNS record will need to be created / modified by you in Cloudflare, that is accurate. But you need to remove the DS records that exist at your registrar because the DNSSEC settings are invalid in your current zone which blocks resolvers from returning results because the ‘security signature’ doesn’t match.

The specific ask of Network Solutions would be for them to remove the DS records for the zone AMBITIONFREELANCE.COM .

You might include a link to this thread in the message or the link above to dnsviz which demonstrates the problem which needs to be resolved. Network Solutions is the registrar, if they can’t point you to how to do it in their UI they need to make the change on your behalf.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.